Date(s) - Jul 26, 2020 - Aug 1, 2020
VAPA 2020 Summer CME Conference
VAPA 2020 Summer CME Conference
July 26 - July 31, 2020 - Hilton Virginia Beach
Early Registration Ends June 22!
Earn Category 1 CME credits while enjoying a family summer vacation! In support of the Virginia Academy of PAs mission, the focus of this year’s conference is to provide Physician Assistants and other providers with current medical information that will reinforce their knowledge base and introduce new concepts and clinical practice skills, through a cost-effective, evidence-based, and diverse educational program.
Your full registration fee includes continental breakfast each morning, refreshment breaks, and lunches, as well as access to seminars, exhibits, and events as noted on the brochure and agenda. Registration badges are required for admission to all conference events. There is a guest attendee registration rate available, should a spouse, guest, or family member wish to join you at conference meals or audit the sessions (no credit will be given.)
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms have not been accessed since they were cleaned
- Increased focused disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms like light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning and disinfection frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection for fitness centers
- Enhanced cleaning & operational changes to restaurants, bars, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Check-in and check-out with Digital Key
- Electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
The Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel is the annual host for our conference. Due to the time of year, size of the conference and popularity of the location, the block of VAPA rooms sells out quickly. Staff cannot add or guarantee rooms. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-HILTONS and mentioning the Virginia Academy of PAs. You can also book online here.
Room rates start at $229 per night. Taxes and parking are not included.
Considered the gold standard for the care of patients suffering from opioid use disorder, Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is in high demand nationwide. To help meet this demand, the Physician Assistant Education Association, in partnership with the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, is offering VAPA conference attendees the opportunity to participate in 8-hours of live MAT waiver training while earning up to 8 AAPA Category 1 CME credits.
By completing the first 8 hours of the 24 training hours required for PAs to obtain a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in office-based settings, PAs will be able to:
- Screen and identify patients with OUD and define evidence-based treatments.
- Discuss the pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) patients.
- Describe the fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment including the treatment of the co-morbid patient.
- Explain the process of buprenorphine induction as well as stabilization and maintenance.
- Discuss all FDA approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD.
- Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentially.
- Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD.
- Recognize the importance of obtaining a waiver to begin treating patients with OUD.
While this training is free of charge, participants will be asked to pay a nominal registration fee to cover attendee meals.
For more information on MAT waiver training or resources on chronic pain and opioid use disorders (OUD), visit https://pcssnow.org/ or contact email@example.com. AAAP is the DATA 2000 sponsor for this training.
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by grant no. 1H79TI081968 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) Designation Statement: This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 8 (eight) Interprofessional Continuing Education credits for learning and change.
Physician Designation Statement: American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry designates this live course for a maximum of 8 (eight) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Designation Statement: American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry is an approved provider of nursing continuing education through AAAP’s Joint Accreditation provider # 4008192. This program is approved for up to 8 Nursing Contact Hours.
PA Designation Statement: American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 8 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.